Cantik Manis Cake/Nona Manis (Breaking Fast Together)
Hi guys...
Nice to see you!!
How it's your day?
This time I will discuss about cantik manis.
I made this cake to celebrate fasting with the Culinary Arts study program. I'm not alone, I'm with 2 of my friends and some seniors.
Who doesn't know a sweet little green dessert whose middle is white and savory. Making this dessert was a bit tricky for me because the white part had to be thick enough so it wouldn't mix with the green part. The dough itself consists of 3 parts, but I forgot the specific function of the three doughs because when I went to get something my friend had mixed it all up. I only focus on the steaming process.
The process of making the green dough after all the ingredients are mixed, is to cook it until it thickens slightly while continuing to stir so it doesn't burn. Then do the same thing for the white part, then put the green part into a mold shaped like half an egg and then put the white part into a sauce bottle or into a paping bag to make it easier to insert it into the center of the green part. Then steamed for ± 16 minutes or until cooked and cantik manis ready to serve.
There is no source that reviews the history of this cake, but there is an article that mentions that this cake comes from Sulawesi, the name given is said to be inspired by the beauty of Indonesian women. I don't know, what I know for sure tastes good :v.
This is not a picture of this beautiful sweet cake that I made because I didn't have time to take a photo of it and didn't think about it either, but the results I made are more or less the same as in this picture.
I think that's enough, I'm sorry that this blog isn't even full of content. But I hope I can still provide new knowledge. Thank you for your time and see you again. Annyeong...

.jpg)
Komentar
Posting Komentar